[OS X TeX] Lucida again

Chris Goedde cgg.lists at gmail.com
Wed Feb 11 12:10:58 EST 2009

On Feb 11, 2009, at 10:28 AM, Gary L. Gray wrote:

> On Feb 11, 2009, at 10:51 AM, George Gratzer wrote:
>
>> P.S. Is there any place we could put Lucida so it does not get
>> wiped out? G.
>
> ~/Library/texmf
>
> You still need to issue some Terminal commands, but at least you
> don't have to reinstall. Of course, if you also wipe out ~/ then all
> bets are off.

I install the Lucida fonts under my home directory for this very
reason. Everything is in ~/Library/texmf/fonts

After putting things there, I run

updmap --enable Map lucida.map

to enable them and everything works. I asked about this last August
under the title "Installing Lucida fonts under home folder" if you
want to look back at the discussion in the archives.

--
Chris