[OS X TeX] request for kpathsea header files to be optionally included in distro

Richard Koch koch at math.uoregon.edu
Mon Feb 16 11:26:35 EST 2009

John,

MacTeX installs the standard TeX Live, without any modifications. You
can get the headers and sources for TeX Live from

	http://www.tug.org/texlive/svn

Note that you don't need to use svn to get the sources, as explained
on this tug page.

I don't think putting sources or headers in the MacTeX package would
be a good idea. It would produce a larger download for users who
obtain the package over the web, and possibly introduce a new decision
when they install (namely: "do you also want to install sources").

Dick Koch