[OS X TeX] Excalibur in personal texmf ?

Josep Maria Font jmfont at ub.edu
Fri Feb 20 04:18:50 EST 2009

I want to add another folder to my personal ~/Library/texmf folder, in
addition to the standard ones: bibtex, doc, fonts, source, tex, web2c.

The reason is that I want Excalibur installed in a place where I can
keep my personal dictionary continuously updated, with the daily
backup of my entire Home folder. I think that keeping Excalibur in its
default place (/Applications/TeX/) prevents this, and moreover it may
be overwritten with updates.

Am I facing any problems ? Is there a more natural solution ? Any
suggestions will be appreciated.

Best,

JMaF