[OS X TeX] latin modern fonts problem

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Thu Feb 26 05:02:49 EST 2009

Am 26.02.2009 um 03:16 schrieb Doug Marmion:

> This very frustrating error comes after some time spent debugging
> the path problem (turns out I have to launch emacs via the terminal
> to make it inherit the correct path to use TeXlive) and I'm running
> out of tether, so any help is greatly welcome.

You have more options: you can use ~/.MacOSX/environment.plist to
supply all applications with the necessary PATH value. On a command
line, for example in Emacs' *shell* buffer, you can invoke:

	defaults write ~/.MacOSX/environment PATH <your correct choice>

(Documented here: http://developer.apple.com/qa/qa2001/qa1067.html,
it's also possible to use other environment variables via ~/.MacOSX/
environment.plist.) Logging out and in are necessary. The second
option is to adjust the variable exec-path for Emacs:

	(add-to-list 'exec-path "<the path to TeX Live programmes>")

This will allow Emacs to find programmes.

--
Greetings

   Pete

Increase the size of your bike by at least *five* inches!