[OS X TeX] TeXLive Utility updmap

Claus Gerhardt gerhardt at me.com
Fri Feb 27 09:51:23 EST 2009

When updating TL's packages today, TLU exiting with an error of updmap
- the font garuda could not be found. I then ran updmap-sys --
syncwithtrees and everything went smoothly.

Hence, I would suggest that TLU uses this option by default when
running updmap, or at least in an immediate rerun after an error has
occurred - I don't know the benefits of running updmap without that
option; performance is certainly not an issue, since the manually run
took about 30 seconds.

Claus