[OS X TeX] Poll: is TeXniscope still useful to you? why?

Massimiliano Gubinelli m.gubinelli at gmail.com
Sat Feb 28 05:47:41 EST 2009

Hi all,
  since some time I've discontinued the development of TeXniscope.app
(a simple DVI/PDF viewer). Mayor reason is that the move to TeXLive as
"official" Mac TeX distribution have broken the embedded instance of
dvipdfmx.
Other reason is that I've stopped to fight TeX user-unfriendlyness and
started to hack TeXmacs (www.texmacs.org) to run natively on MacOSX.
However from time to time I continue to receive mails from users which
ask me to fix TeXniscope.
Since my time is limited I would like to know if the effort will be of
some value for a reasonable number of people, otherwise I will
discontinue to support TeXniscope (as far as I understand it is now somewhat
obsoleted by Skim, but I do not use it so I cannot judge). So I would like
to know how many of you still use TeXniscope (or would like to do so) on
10.5 and why (so that I can concentrate my efforts on the features
that make it preferable to other viewers).

Of course if somebody want to take care of the program I happily
can pass over the maintenance and development.

Thanks

Massimiliano Gubinelli