[OS X TeX] OT: Little Snitch

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Thu Jan 1 13:27:53 EST 2009

On Jan 1, 2009, at 11:44 AM, Robert Bruner wrote:

> Dear Little Snitch users,
>
> I found your comments about Little Snitch interesting, so tried it
> out (version 2_0_4).  Wasn't so sure i wanted to run it, so tried
> simply
> killing the 4 processes it seemed to have launched, but even my
> administrative user acct didn't have sufficient permissions, and I
> didn't
> want to enable real root access just for this, so looked at Little
> Snitch's
> Config/Install and asked it to Uninstall.  All seemed to go well, but
> I am now unable to go online with Skype (I tell it to go online and
> nothing happens - no error message but I am also not put online).
>
> Similarly, Mail seems to be blocking content that would have been
> visible
> before.
>
> If those of you who have experience with little snitch can help me
> rectify
> these lingering effects I'd be most grateful.
>
> Bob Bruner

Howdy,

I'm still using Little Snitch but just noticed that Skype isn't going
online when I start it up. I'm not seeing any problems with Mail. I'd
rather be able to adjust the rules correctly than un-install.
Incidentally, I had no problems that I know of util I updated to
10.5.6; what OS version are you using?

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)