Re: [OS X TeX] Kanbun (漢文) and French...

Maarten Sneep maarten.sneep at xs4all.nl
Fri Jan 2 10:23:58 EST 2009

On 2 jan 2009, at 16:10, Jean-Christophe Helary wrote:

> On samedi 03 janv. 09, at 00:02, Alain Schremmer wrote:
>

>> On Jan 2, 2009, at 9:28 AM, Jean-Christophe Helary wrote:
>>
>>> I did visit the site, installed xetex with Fink and tried it with
>>> a few (French) paragraphs or my document, but the resulting PDF
>>> did not display any French accent.
>>>
>>> Also, when I searched Japanese pages about xetex, I did not find
>>> anything. And this alone contributed to convince me xetex was
>>> maybe not the best package to handle the kanbun side of my document.
>>>
>>> If you have any specifics though, I'd be happy to know more.
>>
>> I know next to nothing about the use of XeTeX but I am rather
>> surprised by what you report.
>
> Me too. I think there is a problem with my setting, so instead of
> asking further about xetex I'm first investigating on my side.
>
> I am also looking at the various Japanese TeX pages at the moment.

Any time I hear 'Fink' and 'TeX' mentioned in the same post, I predict
the outcome will be 'Failure'.

If you don't need other Fink supplied tools, then please remove all
traces of it, and switch to MacTeX: easier to maintain, and it is what
most knowledgeable people use on this list. We will be able to help
you better that way.

Maarten