Re: Documentation (was Re: [OS X TeX] Kanbun (漢文) and French...)

Jean-Claude DE SOZA jeanclaudedesoza at wanadoo.fr
Sat Jan 3 02:05:00 EST 2009

Bonjour Jean-Christophe,

Le 3 janv. 09 à 04:33, Alain Schremmer a écrit :

> On Jan 2, 2009, at 9:55 PM, Jean-Christophe Helary wrote:
>
>> Where is the documentation in the MacTex package that tells me how
>> to get a simple French text to properly display with the tools
>> included in the distribution ?

Here is an example of my preamble I use with French accentuated
letters to display them correctly:

\documentclass[]{article}
\usepackage[utf8]{inputenc}
\usepackage[T1]{fontenc}
\usepackage{lmodern}
\usepackage[frenchb]{babel}

> I haven't the faintest idea but I wonder where all the French on
> this list have gone. Aux sports d'hiver?

Sorry, Alain, not aux sports d'hiver but I have drunk too much wines
French of course and I was recovering.

Jean-Claude DE SOZA