[OS X TeX] [pdftk] MacOS Roman -> Western ISO Latin 9

cfrees at imapmail.org cfrees at imapmail.org
Sun Jan 4 15:02:12 EST 2009

On Sun 4th Jan, 2009 at 11:55, Adam R. Maxwell seems to have written:

> On Jan 4, 2009, at 11:44 AM, cfrees at imapmail.org wrote:

>>> If you follow Herbert's instructions regarding using `ls -ale
>>> Library/TeXShop/Engines` you may see some extra information directly under
>>> the listing for the engine you are having a problem with, with extra
>>> permissions regarding other users/groups.
>>> I'm not saying this is the problem, but the fact that there are @s right
>>> after the listing makes me wonder.
>>
>> Unless things have changed fairly drastically (which I don't rule out),
>> the @s indicate symbolic links - not extended attributes which would be
>> indicated with + signs instead. At least, that is how things look in
>> Tiger (with ACLs enabled, obviously).
>
> Things have not changed, but + indicates ACL, @ indicates extended attribute.
> Symlinks are (and always have been!) indicated with an l:
>
> froude:~ amaxwell$ ll `which tlmgr`
> lrwxrwxrwx  1 root  amaxwell  36 Jan  3 13:40 /usr/texbin/tlmgr ->
> ../../texmf/scripts/texlive/tlmgr.pl

Thanks, also. As indicated in my previous message (which you likely
don't have yet), I'm just confused. The @ is in the wrong place to be a
link. I'm just very, very used to associating @ with symbolic link (and
nothing else).

And it does depend on your configuration. With my setup, ls would give
me:
tlmgr@
and ls -l would give me:
lrwx.... 13:40... tlmgr@ -> ../../texmf/...

(Just to point out that I'm not completely imagining things here!)

- cfr