[OS X TeX] [ANN] TeX Live Utility 0.5

Maxwell, Adam R adam.maxwell at pnl.gov
Thu Jan 8 18:32:00 EST 2009

On 01/08/09 15:22, "Axel E. Retif" <axel.retif at mac.com> wrote:

> Where will the updates be installed? What updmap.cfg file will be
> updated? Where will be placed the .fmt files built or rebuilt? Will
> that create a web2c directory in ~/Library/texmf?

I don't know the exact details of what tlmgr does internally, so I'm afraid
I can't answer those questions.  Sorry.

What I can say is this: if you uncheck that box, TLU will do the equivalent
of:

sudo tlmgr update --all

If the box is checked (the default), TLU will do the equivalent of:

sudo -H tlmgr update --all

If I understand correctly, the first case worked on one of your systems,
while the second case (using TLU defaults) did not.

hope that helps,
Adam