[OS X TeX] includepdf and alias doesn't work

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Sat Jan 10 16:57:00 EST 2009

On Jan 10, 2009, at 3:32 PM, Friedrich Vosberg wrote:

> Morning.
>
> I want to include a PDF file with \includepdf. The PDF file is saved
> in a directory named with spaces and umlauts (ä, ö, ü). So I've made
> an alias of the PDF file and saved it in the directory of the TEX
> file. But when I typeset it pdfpages reports an error: Cannot find
> file '<filename>'.
>
> Why not? What can I do to include the file without copy a dublette
> into the directory of the TEX file?
>
> TIA and kind regards, Friedrich

Howdy,

If you mean that you made a Mac OS alias that will not work. You need
to make a symbolic link to the file using

ln -s <source path> <link path>

where <source path> is the full/relative path name of the source file
and <link path> is the full/realative path name of the link you are
creating.

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)