[OS X TeX] [ANN] TeX Live Utility 0.6

Adam R. Maxwell amaxwell at mac.com
Mon Jan 12 09:41:24 EST 2009

On Jan 12, 2009, at 3:40 AM, Peter Vamos wrote:

> Very nice and useful, thank you. Worked flawlessly on one of my
> machines. On my second machine it gave me a drop down dialog saying
>
> Critical updates available.
> 340 packages are available for update, but the TeX Live installer
> packages listed here must be updated first.  Update now?
> However, clicking on the Update button did nothing, neither is the
> Cancel button working, in fact I cannot get rid of this dialog at
> all. Console output below.
>

> 12/01/2009 11:22:52 TeX Live Utility[257] Invalid parameter not
> satisfying: location
> 12/01/2009 11:28:34 TeX Live Utility[299] *** Assertion failure in -
> [TLMInfraUpdateOperation initWithLocation:], /Volumes/Local/Users/
> amaxwell/build/mactlmgr/TLMInfraUpdateOperation.m:71
>
> So what to do next? use the terminal version?

Do not use the terminal version to update the infrastructure; I use a
more reliable mechanism since tlmgr tends to remove itself.

The log gives me enough information to track this down, so hopefully
I'll have a fix soon.  My apologies for the inconvenience.

> One other minor thing: the Get Info panel for this utility doesn't
> show the version number.

Odd.  I'll look into that if I remember.

thanks,
Adam