[OS X TeX] Macintouch report on TeX versus Word

Tue Jan 20 19:05:29 EST 2009

> Else, we will not "always be a minority": MS will eventually
> succeed in doing to LaTeX what it tried to do to Java and sure did
> to Basic. It is only a matter of time.
>
> And then we will be nowhere at all.
>
> Regards
> --schremmer

Well, I always thought I was a pessimist.... I still do not think you
are right, Competition to MS is stronger now than it was 5 years ago.
I now often see Pages running on Macs and LaTeX proves resilient.
OpenOffice is getting a lot better and spreads to more platforms. If
something or somebody causes the death of LaTeX, it will need more
than just MS to achieve that.

Cheers,

Alex