[OS X TeX] pushdown automata?

Roussanka Loukanova rloukano at stp.lingfil.uu.se
Thu Jan 22 05:14:03 EST 2009

On Thu, 22 Jan 2009, Enrico Franconi wrote:

> On 22 Jan 2009, at 09:21, Roussanka Loukanova wrote:
>
>> Using simpdftex in Emacs <-> Skim goes not so smoothly, with respect to
>> automatic update and synctex.
>
> Why is that? Which problems do you still have? I guess I replied to you:
>
> On 5 Jan 2009, at 15:29, Enrico Franconi wrote:

O, sorry: I somehow missed that reply.

>> On 20 Nov 2008, at 20:56, Roussanka Loukanova wrote:
>>
>>> I have set up your command in AUCTeX in Carbon Emacs, for your simpdftex-1
>>> script (which I have been using since you gave it to me).
>>>
>>> At first, I run PDFLaTeX with some change in the tex file, to get prompted
>>> and choose the "Auto" option in Skim. After that, simpdftex-1, issued in
>>> Emacs, draws the edges in the graphs, and updates the pdf file in  Skim.
>>
>> Hmmm. Why do you use pdflatex first? I guess that the whole process work if
>> you stick with simpdftex since the beginning. This is because simpdftex
>> with the synctex option adorns the compiled latex file with the appropriate
>> specials. Indeed, you get the right behaviour when you manually add synctex
>> to the preamble of your latex file.

Thanks for re-replying with the clarification: Yes, you are right, esp
when the "\synctex=1" is in the preamble, the things work smoothly.
However, strangely, in some inconsistent manner, now and
then the automatic update of the pdf in skim doesn't happen and I need to
hit Revert. I haven't managed yet to pinpoint what circumstances cause
that. This has been happening not only with simpdftex, but with
pdflatex too.

Roussanka