[OS X TeX] Macintouch report on TeX versus Word

Robert Bruner rrb at math.wayne.edu
Thu Jan 22 15:16:19 EST 2009

Okay, I can't resist weighing in with an anecdote.  A young professor
in the business school here saw a presentation prepared in LaTeX
(using beamer).  After the talk he came to me to ask how such
beautiful results were obtained.  A volunteer from our faculty
got him started in (La)TeX.

The results speak for themselves.  I can't count the number of
documents I've seen with unexplained and ugly changes in spacing
and font size.  My guess is they were prepared in Word, and the
author gave up on forcing it to do what (s)he wanted.

Bob

Robert R. Bruner, Professor    (313)-577-2499 (office)         |
        and Associate Chair                                    |
Department of Mathematics      (313)-577-2479 (department)     |
Wayne State University         (313)-577-7596 (fax, shared)    |
Detroit, Michigan  48202       rrb at math.wayne.edu              |
USA                            http://www.math.wayne.edu/~rrb  |