[OS X TeX] Macintouch report on TeX versus Word

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Sun Jan 25 11:24:01 EST 2009

Am 25.01.2009 um 16:01 schrieb Jason Davies:

> I assume that once i'm in XeLaTeX I can 'simply' type accents with
> option keys (etc) and it will read them fine?

I think in the text body you can also use these characters directly
since encoding files, loaded from the line \usepackage[utf8x]
{inputenc} or \usepackage[utf8]{inputenc}, "translate" these Unicode
characters to 7- or 8-bit LaTeX forms (which mostly fails for non-
Latin!). It can be compared to Ross Moore's xunicode.sty which
translates the LaTeX forms to Unicode.

> I'm no fluent LaTeXer

And I'm not so good in TeX ... The switch from TeX to XeTeX seems to
be easier: just change the font loading commands!

--
Greetings

   Pete     === -Q