[OS X TeX] (no subject)

Joseph C. Slater PE, PhD joseph.slater at wright.edu
Sun Jan 25 12:15:51 EST 2009

On Jan 25, 2009, at 12:07 PM, Alain Schremmer wrote:

> On Jan 25, 2009, at 11:30 AM, Peter Dyballa wrote:
>

>> Am 25.01.2009 um 17:23 schrieb Alain Schremmer:
>>
>>> I was wondering whether I am the only one to miss such features
>>
>> Probably not. Therefore GNU Emacs offers this. And even more you
>> haven't imagined or found missing yet ...
>
> I didn't know. Out of curiosity I will finally look up GNU Emacs.
>
> However, my P. S. stands if only because old dogs have trouble with
> new tricks but also out of loyalty: I have a very strong feeling
> that I would never had made it learning an editor on top of learning
> LaTeX while I never felt I had to learn TeXShop.

Given that, I personally think Aquamacs is more suitable (more mac
like). You will want to load your tex document and select from the
Preview menu "for document". For a long document, it will allow you to
edit while it generates the previews, but it will take quite some time.

Control-clicking (right clicking) will allow you to toggle the
"preview status" of an item.

I feel a similar loyalty to TeXShop, but I think Dick can handle you
cheating on him. :)
Joe