[OS X TeX] XeLaTeX?

Simon Spiegel simon at simifilm.ch
Sun Jan 25 15:57:46 EST 2009

On 25.01.2009, at 21:44, david craig wrote:

>> - So far, there's no support for pdftex's microtypography features,
>> which is for me the reason I stay with (pdf)LaTeX for the moment.
>
> "microtypography"?   (Yes, I googled it.)

The Wikipedia article explains it quite good. Font expansion and
protrusion both serve to optimize justified text. These are, from the
point of view of print quality, probably the most interesting features
of pdftex. AFAIK these microtypographic features were actually the
reason Hàn Thế Thành  started developing pdftex in the first place.

simon
--
Simon Spiegel
Steinhaldenstr. 50

Telephon: ++41 44 451 5334
Mobophon: ++41 76 459 60 39

http://www.simifilm.ch

„Gee, I wish we had one of them doomsday machines.“ General Buck
Turgidson