[OS X TeX] tex4ht and biblatex

Matthias Damm mad at nefkom.net
Thu Jan 29 09:15:52 EST 2009

Hello everybody,

like probably most of us, I sometimes have to generate Word versions
of my papers.
I usually use tex4ht/htlatex for that.

Now I tried the first time after I switched to biblatex and found that
I ended up with zillions of error messages. I found out however that
the problems were caused by some incompatibility between tex4ht and
biblatex and have been fixed in the latest release of tex4ht.

Updating to the latest release was not so easy however:
I first tried to update tex4ht via TexLiveUtility, but there I found
only some binary packages in the "Manage Packages" section.

Therefore I tried to update manually:
When I downloaded the latest version of tex4ht from http://www.cse.ohio-state.edu/~gurari/TeX4ht/bugfixes.html
  I saw that the binaries were unchanged compared to the MacTeX-2008
distribution but some of the files which go to the texmf tree were
updated. I copied the files from the texmf directory of the tex4ht
distribution to my local texmf tree which fixed the problems with
biblatex.

Although this solution seems to work fine for the moment I would like
to ask which would be the canonic way to update tex4ht. Should TLU be
able to update the texmf stuff of the tex4ht distribution as well? Or
could the update (which IMHO is a quite important one, since many
people seem to be switching to biblatex recently) be included in an
update to MacTeX-2008?
(As you might have noticed, I am not the big LaTeX-installation-guru,
so it may very well be that I missed something very obvious ...)

Thanks for your comments in advance,
best regards

Matthias

--