[OS X TeX] Invoking latex with tex + ghostscript option?

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Wed Jul 8 04:29:01 EDT 2009

Am 08.07.2009 um 08:11 schrieb Robert Morelli:

> I need to invoke the "ordinary" latex on the generated files, not
> pdflatex.

Using the five letter word (or command) "latex" you'll get DVI. By
adding '-output-format=dvi' you can force latex and pdflatex etc. to
produce DVI.

> I was told that I need to invoke latex with the "tex + ghostscript"
> option. How do I do that?

Preferences -> Typesetting tab -> Default Script

> Also, is there a way to arrange it so the latex command used on
> the files pdftricks generates has that option?

You can create your own ENGINE file and put it into ~/Library/TeXShop/
Engines. Herb once proposed a ps4pdf.engine file:

	#!/bin/sh
	basefname=`basename "$1" .tex`
	# process the figures
	latex --shell-escape "$1"
	dvips -Ppdf -o "${basefname}-pics.ps" "${basefname}.dvi"
	ps2pdf -dAutoRotatePages=/None "${basefname}-pics.ps" "${basefname}-
pics.pdf"
	pdfcrop "${basefname}-pics.pdf"
	mv "${basefname}-pics-crop.pdf" "${basefname}-pics.pdf"
	rm "${basefname}-pics.ps" "${basefname}.dvi"
	# process the file
	pdflatex "$1"

Or do you have a different wish?

--
Greetings

   Pete

A lot of people mistake a short memory for a clear conscience.
				– Doug Larson