[OS X TeX] Excel tables to LaTeX - new script

Alan Munn amunn at msu.edu
Wed Jul 15 17:27:57 EDT 2009

At 9:04 AM +1200 7/16/09, Alan T Litchfield wrote:
>Well, this has been an interesting thread.
>
>I guess that I am a bit of a luddite when it comes to tables and
>have always, when moving from excel to LaTeX worked from a csv file
>and grepped in the LaTeX code if it were large. These approaches are
>very interesting and I am looking forward to trying some of them out.
>
>Unfortunately Office 2008 does not have proper support for VB and
>MSs work-around is pathetic (having Office 2004 installed just so I
>can preserve VB scripts, sheesh), so the great looking VB script is
>not an option and for the forseeable future I will not have time to
>convert it to AppleScript :(

Hi Alan, just to be clear, the script that I have posted is *not* a
VB script. It's written in Ruby and operates directly on the
clipboard contents and so is compatible with Office 2008 (which is
what motivated me to use this method in the first place, since I also
have Office 2008.)

Alan

Alan Munn						amunn at msu.edu
Department of Linguistics
and Germanic, Slavic, Asian and African Languages		Tel.
	517-355-7491
Michigan State University, East Lansing MI 48824 USA	Fax	517-432-2736