[OS X TeX] Excel tables to LaTeX - new script

Juergen Fenn juergen.fenn at GMX.DE
Wed Jul 15 20:25:17 EDT 2009

Alan Munn schrieb:
> At 10:21 PM -0400 7/14/09, Alain Schremmer wrote:
>>
>> As for the rest, how about TeXTable? I have it, I have used it but I
>> am not too much into tables so I cannot really say.
>
> TeXTable simply doesn't work at all for some users (myself included).

How come? The only point I would mention here is that TeXTable
<http://www.twistedtheorysoftware.com/textable/> is for creating simple
tables from scratch, not for converting tables from a spreadsheet format
to LaTeX.

>> Also, doesn't Open Office translate in LaTeX too?
>
> Yes, there is an add in for Calc at least that does similar things.

Yes, please forget about Excel 2008. Calc2LaTeX works pretty well for
me. You can get it from the OOo extensions repository. The project is
hosted at sourceforge. And I've written a brief users guide in the
German OOo Wiki.

http://extensions.services.openoffice.org/project/calc2latex
http://calc2latex.sourceforge.net/
http://www.ooowiki.de/Calc2LaTeX

You might also like to have a look at Writer2LaTeX.

http://extensions.services.openoffice.org/project/writer2latex
http://extensions.services.openoffice.org/project/writer2xhtml
http://writer2latex.sourceforge.net/
http://www.ooowiki.de/Writer2LaTeX