[OS X TeX] Initials - fonts

Michael Sharpe msharpe at ucsd.edu
Sun Jul 19 18:54:21 EDT 2009

Hi Clea,

On Jul 19, 2009, at 1:41 PM, <cfrees at imapmail.org>
<cfrees at imapmail.org> wrote:

> I wrote a set of (extremely basic, simple-minded) .sty files to make
> the initial fonts easier to use in LaTeX. These are just on my machine
> right now but if anybody wants them, they'd be welcome. (As is basis!)

I'd be interested to get a copy of your files.

On a related note, I realized that the Plain TeX solution I posted a
few days ago about using Acorn with the lettrine package is not good---
it does not permit lettrine to adjust the size of the Acorn font. It
does work correctly if you substitute the line

\newcommand*\Acorn{\usefont{U}{Acorn}{xl}{n}}

in place of

\font\Acorn Acorn at 22pt

The lettrine package produces warnings about unavailable font sizes in
cmr unless you add the line

\usepackage{type1cm}.

Michael