[OS X TeX] Trying to update

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Sat Jun 6 08:36:11 EDT 2009

On Jun 5, 2009, at 9:54 PM, Luis Vitorio Cargnini wrote:

> Hi,
> Well how can I update my mactex installation,
>
> Wait, download and install the mactex 2009 or set the download
> location for the tlmgr to the 2009 edition ?

Howdy,

If there are updates you really need you can do them manually from
CTAN. I put things like that (e.g., the latest biblatex [not a part of
TeX Live] package needs the latest update of the csquotes package
[part of TeX Live]) in my personal tree (~/Library/texmf/...) so I
don't have to run texhash and packages that update TeX Live go into s
special folder so I can remove them once MacTeX 2009 comes around.

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)