[OS X TeX] BasicTeX-2008

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Sun Jun 14 20:11:09 EDT 2009

On Jun 14, 2009, at 5:46 PM, Leo wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I like BasicTeX a lot. I wonder if there is one packaged in
> traditional
> .tgz format that one can just unpack into /usr/local. It looks cleaner
> to me this way. Thanks.
>
> I look at the files installed by BasicTeX-2008 and there are links
> everywhere and I don't know how to remove them cleanly.
>
> -- Leo

Howdy,

What do you mean by ``there are links everywhere?

There are some packages that are in TDS folders and zipped and will
unpack properly but where do you intend to unpack them. I'd suggest in
your personal tree that starts at ~/Library/texmf/ (~ is your HOME
directory and create folders as you go if they aren't there already.

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)