[OS X TeX] Re: List of feature requests on this list

Themis Matsoukas matsoukas at engr.psu.edu
Tue Mar 3 15:59:46 EST 2009

Here is a feature I would love to see in TS: I would like TS to
recognize the structure of math constructs so that consecutive clicks
of the mouse select increasingly larger contexts. Here is what I mean.
Suppose I have an expression like

\frac{1+ \exp(a(x))}{2}

If I place the cursor inside the exponential (say, right after the
letter a) then I would like to see the following behavior:

--one click of the mouse selects the argument of the exponential, a(x)

--the next click selects the exponential, \exp{a(x)}

--the next click selects the entire numerator, 1+ \exp(a(x))

--the next click selects the entire fraction, ... and so on.

A wish for sequential clicking  may sound esoteric but Mathematica in
fact implements it very nicely and it's a feature I now use a lot.

Themis Matsoukas
matsoukas at engr.psu.edu