[OS X TeX] Current Status of TeX on web pages

Ross Moore ross at ics.mq.edu.au
Fri Mar 6 17:35:03 EST 2009

On 07/03/2009, at 7:47 AM, David Oliver wrote:

> Can those on the list with direct experience  speak to the current
> status of LaTeX on the web. The LATEX WEB COMPANION by Gossens et.
> al. is over 10 years old. Have there been any important new
> developments? It is particularly important to me that the quality
> of the typography be at the highest level on the entire page, not
> just the mathematics, and that the mathematics interleave
> gracefully with non-mathematical text. If you have web samples of
> your own efforts that please you or know of outstanding
> implementations, do reference them.

jsMath  is a really great implementation.

     http://www.math.union.edu/locate/jsMath

Here's where I've used it:
   http://www.austms.org.au/Publ/JAustMS/V83P1/contents.html
   http://www.austms.org.au/Publ/JAustMS/V83P2/contents.html
   http://www.austms.org.au/Publ/JAustMS/V83P3/contents.html
   http://www.austms.org.au/Publ/ANZIAM/V48P4/contents.html
   http://www.austms.org.au/Publ/ANZIAM/V49P1/contents.html
   http://www.austms.org.au/Publ/ANZIAM/V49P2/contents.html
Follow the links on these pages, to the abstracts of each paper.
Some have mathematics inline, or maybe a display.

Check out the ability to use different fonts and encodings.

> Thanks,
>
> David Oliver

Hope this helps,

	Ross