[OS X TeX] TeXShop Feature Request

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Sat Mar 7 09:10:41 EST 2009

On Mar 7, 2009, at 7:53 AM, Alain Schremmer wrote:

>> Howdy,
>>
>> Windows for both Preview and Source as far as I'm concerned. I
>> always want both in (at least partial) view. Adding tabs takes away
>> from space for text.
>
> I agree but then I have two screens.
>
> However, we don't all have large screen(s), so how about giving the
> choice to the user in the Preferences?
>
> Regards
> --schremmer

Howdy,

I've got a 15inch diagonal screen on my MacBook Pro and even though
the Preview and Source windows overlap I'd never want tabs for them.
Even the Console or Log shouldn't be in a tab since I want to see
those windows along with the Source window even if they must overlap.
In general I think tabs are a bad idea in this situation and they also
uselessly take up limited space on my smallish screen.

Of course you can Preferences for all sorts of stuff but that just
makes the Application more complex to set up and use as well as
maintain since the possible combinations of choices increases
factorially.

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)