[OS X TeX] TeXShop Feature Request

Michael Hanson mshanson at mac.com
Sat Mar 7 16:14:42 EST 2009

On Mar 7, 2009, at 3:00 PM, Peter Dyballa wrote:

> Am 07.03.2009 um 20:07 schrieb Alain Schremmer:
>
>> OK, since with mine that makes two votes in favor, how about
>> phrasing the wish that way:
>>
>> 	A choice in Preferences between the current Source, Preview,
>> Console windows and a single tabbed window with tabs for Root
>> source, Included source(s), Preview, Console, Log, etc
>
> No, not that! What I meant is at least two tabbed windows. Plus an
> optional third one with the console log.

[snip: lots of options that I unfortunately could not follow]

> A new name for the new tool could be: TeXShop Centre®™. TeXShop Mall?

If one wants emacs, one can use emacs -- there are several
implementations available for OS X.  I'd prefer that TeXShop Keep It
Sane and Simple (tm).

There: one lonely vote against tabs.  Plenty of other fancy, more
configurable editors (with tabs, sidebars, sheets, HUDs, etc.) exist
for those who truly need them.  In my mind, one big benefit of
TeXShop is its elegant minimalism that makes it quick and easy for
mere mortals to use fairly effectively.

Best,
Mike