[OS X TeX] [OT] Mactex for Windows?

Daniel Becker daniel.becker at uni-rostock.de
Sun Mar 8 06:34:52 EDT 2009

Hallo -

for those of you who have to deal with TeX on Windows (friends asking
for help, employers not buying Macs,...). I found out that the easiest
way (for me) to get a Working TeX Installation is to use protext
(installs MikTeX as distribution) and then add other applications to
your liking.

What is really annoying is that synchronization between .tex and pdf
is not easily to achieve. TeXWorks is the exception. So for Windows
users, TexWorks will really be a great help - for Windows Users and
for Mac Users working together with collegues on Windows.....

Feel free to add more info at the wiki page. (or to improve language
and grammar)
http://mactex-wiki.tug.org/wiki/index.php?title=TeX_on_Windows

Thanks -
Daniel