packages in TeXShop (was: Re: [OS X TeX] question regarding spacing after a period)

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Fri Mar 13 19:24:24 EDT 2009

Am 14.03.2009 um 00:08 schrieb <cfrees at imapmail.org>:

> You shouldn't need to exclude anything under a home directory
> (/private/var/root/, /Users/anything/) as these should not be included
> by default. I'd be interested to know if PRUNEPATHS works, though. Mac
> OS X used to ignore it but I haven't checked recently.

No, Clea, you *have* to use it when the job is run as root! When it's
run as some user, then it might be true that only the own home
directory tree is searched and indexed. (Are your users "things?")
And from the periodic scripts the job *is* run as root.

> (I think Panther ignored it...)

Can't comment – my system did not seem to be that ripe then ...

--
Greetings

   Pete

Isn't vi that text editor with two modes... one that beeps and one
that corrupts your file?
				– Dan Jacobson, on comp.os.linux.advocacy