[OS X TeX] Is there a better alternative to \DeclareGraphicsExtensions ?

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Mon Mar 16 08:44:13 EDT 2009

On 16.03.2009, at 10:19, Daniel Becker wrote:

> you may try http://www.wiwi.uni-rostock.de/~wsf8545/tif2png.zip

Perfect!

With graphicx it never succeeded for me to automatically convert a
file from an unsupported graphics type to a supported one (I have
convert and it is in search path). Tif2png can. Although:

	Package tiftopng Warning: Shell escape feature is not enabled.

On the one hand it's good that it does convert and I don't have to
switch on -shell-escape generally which would make life a bit more
dangerous. On the other hand then this warning is not necessary.
Maybe a warn/nowarn option could be useful ...

Well, actually I would like to see the warning reflect the package's
name. This would be more adequate.

--
Mit friedvollen Grüßen

   Pete

Patriotismus ist die Überzeugung, dass unser Vaterland allen anderen
Ländern überlegen ist, weil wir darin geboren wurden.
                                         (George Bernard Shaw)