[OS X TeX] ISO Latin 9 encoding in TeXShop?

Franck Pastor franck.pastor at skynet.be
Thu Mar 19 04:50:28 EDT 2009

Le 19-mars-09 à 00:06, Richard Koch a écrit :

> Franck,
>
> On Mar 18, 2009, at 1:19 PM, Franck Pastor wrote:
>
>> I've just installed TeXShop 2.26 and tried its improved "Encoding"
>> macro, which is much more easier to use than before :-) But I also
>> noticed that an encoding is missing on the encodings list opened
>> by this macro: ISO Latin 9. Is it recognized by TeXShop? In that
>> case, what must I enter? Something like
>>
>> % !TEX encoding = IsoLatin9
>>
>> seems to work, but I would like to be sure of it. Also Ansinew
>> (cp1512), the default encoding of many TeX front ends on Windows,
>> is missing, but maybe it's a deliberate choice, since it's much
>> like ISO Latin 1?
>>
>> Many thanks in advance,
>>

> It appears that the list in the macro is not complete. I'll fix
> that in my copy here, but you can fix your copy by editing the
> macro. When you open the macro code, the fix will be immediately
> clear.

Indeed, I've managed to do it and it works. Thanks again!

> I have never received a request for Ansinew; adding this would
> require changes in TeXShop's Cocoa code.

It's not so important, since Ansinew is an mere extension of Latin1,
with some more symbols (œ and Œ for example, used in French
language). I can easily fix the files coming from Windows that are in
this encoding and that contain this kind of symbols: I open them in
Iso Latin 1 and manually replace the œ and Œ by the LaTeX commands
\oe and \Œ. It's kind of "boring", but not so much :-)