[OS X TeX] Disappearing characters issue in LaTeXiT

Chris Fonnesbeck fonnesbeck at gmail.com
Fri Mar 20 15:38:22 EDT 2009

I like using the nice LaTeXiT utility for generating equations for use
in Keynote and the like. However, I repeatedly run into the problem
that random characters will be missing from equations when I go to run
the presentations. I use the LaTeXiT graphics by dragging them from
the LaTeXiT window (as pdf images, apparently) to the target Keynote
slide. I then resize the graphic as needed in Keynote. However, often
I come back to a slide later only to find that a character is missing.
That is, the majority of the equation will be visible, but particular
variables are missing. This appears to happen most often with greek
letters. They are there when I drag the equation over, but they
sometimes (not all the time) disappear when I later return to review
the slide.

Thanks in advance for any advice here.