[OS X TeX] Collaborating on LaTeX documents

Adam R. Maxwell amaxwell at mac.com
Fri Mar 20 19:55:03 EDT 2009

On Mar 20, 2009, at 4:04 PM, David B. Thompson, Ph.D., P.E., D.WRE,
CFM wrote:

> What are y'all doing when working as a team? Are you just passing
> the source about? Is one person operating as a manual repository?
> Are there tools out there I'm not aware of?

We use subversion, and are happy with it.  Even for a couple of
authors, it's easier than passing files around or trying to merge
manually.  Once users have done a checkout, all they need to remember
is svn update/add/commit.  I set up hosting on an Xserve via Apache,
and it authenticates to our Active Directory domain; I'd recommend
going with something simpler :).

--
Adam