[OS X TeX] new user

Ralph Martin Ralph.Martin at cs.cardiff.ac.uk
Tue Mar 31 13:46:18 EDT 2009

Leon

On 31 Mar 2009, at 7:08:49PM, Leon Heller wrote:
> I used to use Latex  with Textures on OS9, and have just started
> with TeXShop on OSX.
>
> 1. How do I find a line in the source program that corresponds to a
> line in the typeset version?

command click on the line in the typeset to go to the source (or vice
versa).

> 2. When I go to a line number under the edit menu an entire
> paragraph is highlighted instead of a single line. How do I get it
> to recognize individual lines?

That's probably because you have put no returns in your source, so a
whole paragraph "is" a line (lines being delimited by returns).

Best wishes

Ralph
--
Prof Ralph Martin           Phone: +44(0)29 2087 5536
School of Computer Science  Fax:   +44(0)29 2087 4598
Cardiff University          Email: mailto:ralph at cs.cf.ac.uk
5 The Parade, Roath         WWW:   http://ralph.cs.cf.ac.uk/
Cardiff, CF24 3AA, UK       VOIP:  sip:17476235487 at proxy01.sipphone.com