[OS X TeX] Scientific Workplace/Word or similar products

cameron.bracken cameron.bracken at gmail.com
Tue Mar 31 18:30:41 EDT 2009

I use Sweave for embedding R code in LaTeX and generating plots:

http://www.statistik.lmu.de/~leisch/Sweave/

There are some other packages out there which suppliment Sweave

cacheSweave - http://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/cacheSweave/index.html
weaver - http://www.bioconductor.org/packages/release/bioc/html/weaver.html
pgfSweave - http://www.rforge.net/pgfSweave/

A colleague, who recently returned to using LaTeX after a long absence,
just came in and asked me if I knew of a product similar to Scientific
Workplace, but less pricey. He needs a program that will manipulate
numbers and variables and typeset the results in LaTeX.

Mac (or even Windows) product recommendations appreciated.

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Susan Lantz

Susan A. Lantz, Ph.D.
Associate Professor of Mechanical Engineering
Trine University
Angola, IN 46703