[OS X TeX] Card Format

Alain Schremmer schremmer.alain at gmail.com
Wed May 6 15:23:32 EDT 2009

Is there a way to get something like the following look for each
single page of a book? (Hence the name "card format")? The idea is
that the outer lines are always on the margins and the inner lines
can be changed to accommodate the contents of the boxes.

In other words, the line between Example and Solution should be
easily changeable from page to page, ditto for the line between
Exercises and Answers and same for the horizontal double line between
top and bottom. (No need for such a separation as in the sample)

I was thinking of minipages with the contents done as usual but I
don't see how to ensure that each "card" is exactly on one page nor
how to make the sum of the widths of the boxes equal to the width of
the page, nor how to make the sum of the heights of the boxes equal
to the height of the page.

 From a quick read of Companion 2ed, the geometry package does not
seem to deal with that, tabulars are not fixed and Companion 2ed does
not seem to address this type of stuff at all.

Very hopeful regards
--Regards

--schremmer