[OS X TeX] Uninstall BasicTex

Curiouslearn curiouslearn at gmail.com
Fri May 8 11:35:13 EDT 2009

Hello,

It seems somehow my latex installation has been corrupted. The latex cannot
find packages that I have installed in library/texmf/tex/latex/
Also, the geometry package was not working yesterday, when I tried to
compile a file. It did not stop the compilation, but the margins were not
what I had specified. I want to restart so that all the paths are correct
and all the packages are working fine.

 I had initially installed Basictex. I now want to install the full Mactex.
Can please someone tell me how I can cleanly uninstall Basictex. I know I
don't have to, but if possible I would like to. Once I have done that, I
will reinstall the full mactex.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.