[OS X TeX] GTA Georgia

Michael Sharpe msharpe at ucsd.edu
Sat May 9 16:38:56 EDT 2009

On May 9, 2009, at 9:37 AM, Nathan Paxton wrote:

> 	Hi all,
>
> 	I'm having trouble getting the GTA Georgia font to work. I've
> included a minimal file and log.
>
> 	I know I can go the Xetex route, but would prefer not to for the
> time being (I have a huge file that creates lots of warnings and
> errors in xe(la)tex and I don't want to debug it right now).
>
> 	It seems like there are no files in /usr/local/texlive/texmf-local/
> doc/fonts/gtamacfonts/georgia and so forth. Why would this happen if
> I used GW's i-installer GTA package?

Nathan,

The i-Installer script fails for three of the fonts. Georgia.ttf and
Verdana.ttf and their relatives are Windows ttfs, with no resource
forks, so fondu fails.

To get Georgia working correctly, do the following.

1. Copy the four ttf files in /Library/Fonts/ with names beginning
'Georgia' to the desktop.
2. Remove all spaces from their names.
3. Copy the new files to /usr/local/texlive/texmf-local/fonts/truetype/
gtamacfonts/georgia.
4. In a terminal window, type sudo mktexlsr.

You can do the analogous operations for Verdana, if you care. If you
need HelveticaNeue, which is in /System/Library/Fonts, not /Library/
Fonts, you might find it easiest to modify the script TL-gw-
extras.configure, located inside the package TL-gw-extras.ii2, and
correct the path to the font. Make sure to erase the helveticaneue
folders in truetype/gtamacfonts and afm/gtamacfonts before re-running
the i-Installer.

After making these changes, add the line

usepackage{texnansi}

before

\usepackage{gtamacgeorgia}

Michael