[OS X TeX] Texshop features

Berend Hasselman bhh at xs4all.nl
Mon May 11 12:57:38 EDT 2009

On 11-05-2009, at 06:33, David Arnold wrote:

> All,
>
> Couple things about TexShop.
>
> 1. It would be nice if the current line of the cursor could be
> highlighted in some way. Sometimes it's difficult to find the cursor
> in the source.

I agree. I like that too and whenever an editor has an option to
highlight the current line, I turn that option on.

> 2. Holding down Shift and hitting command down-arrow highlights text
> to bottom of file. But then keeping shift key down and hitting the
> up-arrow doesn't move the bottom of the selection region up a line,
> it moves the top of the selection area up a line. Disconcerting.

It is indeed standard Cocoa textsystem behaviour.

But in these editors: TextMate, BBEdit, TextWrangler the behaviour is
exactly as you wish.
In Smultron however the standard Cocoa Text system method prevails.
It's likely that one can't change that specific behaviour and keep
using the Cocoa text system.

I guess that it would be quite a lot of work to change the standard
behaviour.

Berend