[OS X TeX] Opening many files in order

Alain Schremmer schremmer.alain at gmail.com
Wed May 20 10:56:30 EDT 2009

On May 20, 2009, at 10:36 AM, David Watson wrote:

> I know that it would be impractical for you, since it uses the
> terminal,

Since I have had good luck with Kissell before, I just bought his
"Take Control of the Mac Command Line with Terminal" and so …

> but you CAN open them in "forced dictionary" mode if you rename
> them as I suggested,

Ahh, but, for reasons that would be way off topic, I really don't
want to do that. 1.tex. 2.tex … 50.tex it has to remain.

> and then run:
>     find ./some/root/directory -name "alains_prefiex*.tex" -exec
> open {} \;
> in Terminal.
>
> If you had all of them in the same folder,

That is the case: I have indeed many folders, each of which has files
called, 1.tex,  2.tex, … 50.tex

> then you could simply run:
>     open alains_prefix*.tex
>
> Since the terminal will sort them in the way I suggested, they will
> be presented to the open command in the same order.

Well, I will experiment when I have a bit more time than right now.

But this is a case of software knowing so well what's good for you
that it won't give you, say, a preference.

Grateful and now not entirely hopeless regards.
--schremmer