[OS X TeX] Installing MathTime Pro fonts

R. Vijay Krishna rvk at email.unc.edu
Thu Oct 1 17:17:35 EDT 2009

On Oct 1, 2009, at 2:06 PM, Herbert Schulz wrote:

> Howdy,
>
> Sigh... that should have been
>
> sudo rm -fr ~/.texlive2008
>
> (left out the period before the name (.texlive2008, not texlive2008).
>
> How are you using xetex? If you're using system fonts you don't have
> to install TeX fonts for them to work.
>
> Good Luck,
>
> Herb Schulz
> (herbs at wideopenwest dot com)

Yes, you were right.  The missing period was the problem.  Now
everything works perfectly.  My original sample file was

=================================
\font\tentimes=ptmr8r at 10pt
\font\seventimes=ptmr8r at 7pt
\font\fivetimes=ptmr8r at 5.5pt

\textfont0=\tentimes
\scriptfont0=\seventimes
\scriptscriptfont0=\fivetimes
\def\rm{\fam0\tentimes}
\rm

% Input the MathTimeProfessional macro package
\input mtp2

Enter text and math ... $x+ y = z 123$

\bye

This compiled perfectly with XeTeX but failed with TeX.  Thanks to
you, it (and everything else) now works with pdf(La)Tex too.

Thanks again.
Vijay

R. Vijay Krishna
rvk at email.unc.edu