[OS X TeX] Staggered vs stacked: TeXShop feature request?

Alain Schremmer schremmer.alain at gmail.com
Fri Oct 2 12:30:43 EDT 2009

These days, I spend a sizable chunk of my life trying to keep in line
(included) chapters of the Magnum Opus---Reasonable Algebraic
Functions is in the last editing stage---so that I very often need to
open simultaneously many windows.

However the windows open stacked and it I have to stagger them by
hand to be able to access them as needed which is a royal pain. Yes,
I could access them via the Window menu but, somehow, I fell out of
the habit and I wish TeXShop could open them already staggered
diagonally, as, for instance, Intaglio does (Mail staggers them
horizontally which would not be so good.)

So, can I add to the thread "List of feature requests on this list" a
request for a feature addressing the issue?

It could be a request :
-- simply to "substitute diagonal staggering to stacking", or
-- for a preference setting, or
-- for a menu option---as for when I have to make identical changes
in a bunch of question base files but it's not worth going to my
wife's mac to use Gerhardt's sed.

Or it could be a clear case of featuritis.

What does the people think? (While of course anybody can do whatever
they want, this is how *I* decide whether or not to add.)

Hopeful regards
--schremmer