[OS X TeX] How to split horizontally the PDF preview in TeXshop

Vincent Verfaille vvvvlists at gmail.com
Fri Oct 9 11:56:40 EDT 2009

On 8-Oct-09, at 9:25 AM, Herbert Schulz wrote:
> I'm a bit confused by your description. I'd think a ``horizontal
> split'' would put the panes above each other, etc. In any case, If
> you want to see two adjacent pages at once does Preview->Display
> Format->Double Page or Double MultiPage do what you want?

Oups... I've always been confused about what is horizontal ;-)
(confusion between the fact that the window is split in 2 shorter
vertical segments, with a horizontal line between the two that you can
move to resize the 2 segments).

So I mean vertical split, where the window has a vertical bar to split
between left and right, in order to display 2 different and NON
successive pages (as for the other already implement split, with the
rightmost button).
For instance, when editing section III of a document (1 page is
displayed on the left) and using some previously given information in
section I (displayed on the right).
Any hints?

I remember somone asked a similar question question, on another list,
but could not find the message anymore.
He said something like "I finally edited the nib files", which may
mean he was able to do it by hacking the sources, which I am not able
to.

Best,

Vincent