[OS X TeX] apple symbol

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Sat Oct 10 10:10:41 EDT 2009

On Oct 10, 2009, at 7:27 AM, Doris Wagner wrote:

> hi list,
>
> on my MacBook Pro, there are 2 symbols on the Command-Key: one is
> the well-known apple, the name of the other one I don't know (kind
> of >>extended #<<).
> How is this symbol called? How can I use (produce) it with LaTeX,
> but _without_ the use of xetex?
>
> tia
> doris

Howdy,

The Apple symbol is ancient; it foes back to the Apple ][ days. The
modern usage is to call that the key the Command Key which is
represetnted by the cloverleaf symbol.

By the way, I put together a package which contains images of several,
far from all, of the special Apple symbols. You can get it as
AppleKeys.zip from <http://homepage.mac.com/herbs2>.

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)