[OS X TeX] diffps with Snow Leopard ?

Steffen Wolfrum mactex_ab at st.estfiles.de
Sun Oct 11 15:47:49 EDT 2009

Am 11.10.2009 um 20:59 schrieb Steffen Wolfrum:
> Am 11.10.2009 um 16:29 schrieb Steffen Wolfrum:

>>> Howdy,
>>>
>>> Just tried it with MacTeX-2009 pretest (which includes Ghostscript
>>> 8.70) on a couple of slightly different versions of a pdf file and
>>> it seems to work fine. Oh, yes, I'm using Snow Leopard.
>>

>> My negative test was made with the current MacTeX-2008  [20 March
>> 2009 ].
>> So I am going to get and install a "MacTeX-2009 pretest" , too.
>>
>> I'll report later ...
>

> It works!
>
> The only error that pops up (for pages that where identified as
> differing) is:
> "libpng warning: Invalid sBIT depth specified"
>
> I never had this warning in 10.4  and 10.5 ... What does it mean and
> where does it come from?

One last question:

diffps requires Netpbm.

Usually I provided this by using Gerben's iinstaller choosing "Netpbm
Tools and Library".
But now (2 1/2 years after Gerben quit it) this doesn't work anymore:
"appendAttributedOutput: (NULL)"

So what exactly are the Netpbm components that diffps needs?
Where do I get them? How should I install them properly now?!

Thanks for any hints,
Steffen