[OS X TeX] Texshop, TeX+DVI

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Tue Oct 13 08:55:54 EDT 2009

On Oct 13, 2009, at 6:13 AM, Peter Dyballa wrote:

> Am 13.10.2009 um 11:26 schrieb Doris Wagner:
>
>> What programs is texshop calling, when I activate "TeX+DVI"?
>
> You have the choice in preferences. By default it's simpdftex.
>
> --
> Mit friedvollen Grüßen
>
>  Pete
>
> Schön zu können, wenn man muss.		– Always Ultra

Howdy,

And simpdftex, by default, runs (la)tex->dvips->ps3pdf13 but can be
configured to do other things (e.g., (la)tex->dvipdfmx) by using some
arguments. You can also set up simpdftex to pass arguments to each of
the individual programs; e.g., I use (TeXShop-Preferences->Engine->TeX
+dvips+distiller->Latex)

simpdftex latex --maxpfb --extradvipsopts "-R0" --extratexopts "-
synctex=1" --distiller ps2pdf14

(all on one line of course).

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)