[OS X TeX] Own commands

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Mon Oct 26 11:53:39 EDT 2009

On Oct 26, 2009, at 10:44 AM, Alan Munn wrote:

> In TeXShop, open the Macro Editor.  Create a new item with the name
> MyCommand, and in the macro box, type \my-own-command{#SEL##INS}.

Howdy,

You left pout one #:

\textbf{#SEL##INS#}

and assign it to some keyboard shortcut (the up and coming TeXShop
2.28 has Cmd-B and Cmd-I set free so you could use Cmd-B which should
be natural). Then select the text you want to be bold and press your
shortcut and it will be surrounded by your command with the cursor
still between the braces for adding more text if desired.
Alternatively, first press your shortcut and the cursor will be
between the braces and you can then enter the text.

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)